We're hiring a business consultant.
Simon Everett, Ltd., is seeking to hire a mid-career business consultant to lead and support strategic planning engagements with private sector clients in multiple markets.
The ideal candidate
You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, management, marketing, or organizational development. During your 6 to 12 years of work experience, you’ve learned that you thrive in a client-facing role. You’ve become adept at adjusting to a wide range of client and project types, and you’ve assembled a toolbox of strategies, frameworks, and tactics for taking a structured approach to any business challenge. You’re equally comfortable leading a six-hour strategic planning session with executives, collaborating with branding and marketing partners to develop client deliverables, and drafting a comprehensive report of research findings and recommendations. You will be based at our office in Arlington, VA, but you must be willing and able to conduct frequent domestic travel. Also, you’re down with our values.
What’s so great about this job?
You’ll be helping companies in multiple sectors and geographic markets address a wide range of strategic planning, growth, and diversification needs. Each client is unique, and so is each consulting project. You’ll coordinate the efforts of an interdisciplinary team of consultants to diagnose specific business challenges, develop tailored activities and project plans, and create custom deliverables that help businesses improve their strategies, brands, operations, and sales. You’ll be managing and supporting a proven team that is talented, dynamic, and fun – and you’ll receive genuine appreciation for your work from clients who are trying to help their own teams thrive. Plus, our diversified client portfolio and business model means you’ll be exposed to other project types, enabling you to expand your skill set and expertise in new areas.
You’ll be directly responsible for:
- Designing and implementing structured activities to diagnose and address business challenges related to strategic planning, sales, and marketing
- Conducting research and analysis to inform and support client recommendations (e.g., market research, supply chain analysis)
- Producing written reports and presentations to support structured activities, convey findings and recommendations, and serve as leave-behind tools for client implementation
- Developing project plans and schedules, managing team performance, and coordinating between team and clients
- Formalizing and expanding internal capabilities to conduct strategic planning engagements with private sector clients
You’ll make contributions to:
- Development and production of white papers, proposals, and presentations in support of business development activities
- Research and analysis to inform new pursuits and internal capability development initiatives
- Review and editing of written materials
- Social media content development
In order to successfully perform core tasks, you’ll need to have:
- Business consulting experience of at least 6 years, specifically including the utilization of strategies, frameworks, and tactics for addressing organizational challenges
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) relevant to business consulting, such as business administration, management, marketing, or organizational development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; while all our deliverables will ideally receive peer reviews, yours shouldn’t require it
- Strong research and analysis skills, an aptitude for problem solving, and the ability to develop and implement action plans
- Expert ability to create structure from chaos by identifying discrete needs, challenges, and priorities; identifying targeted activities and deliverables; and developing custom project plans and schedules
- Impressive interpersonal skills, including the ability to comfortably lead a wide variety of groups and individuals in the conduct of meetings and activities, and to be an excellent team player with colleagues and partners
- Attention to detail, along with outstanding organizational skills
- Initiative; we’ll need you to identify additional tasks and priorities and solve problems we don’t even know exist
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the same in Apple Productivity Apps being a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within the continental US
- Market expertise; ideally, you would have professional familiarity with one or more of the following sectors: aerospace, automotive, defense, or manufacturing
How to inquire
Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com. "Applicant for Business Consultant" should be included in the subject line of your e-mail. We will be accepting applications until Monday, May 1, 2017. The successful applicant must be prepared to start as early as May 2017.
About Simon Everett
Simon Everett is an analytic design firm. We structure and implement analytic engagements to help government agencies, businesses, and non-profits solve problems, large and small. Simon Everett is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment or consulting opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.