Simon Everett, Ltd., is seeking to hire a Cyber Strategy & Policy Associate to support project delivery, internal capability development, and business development.
The ideal candidate
You are an all-star analyst/consultant hybrid with 5-10 years of relevant work experience, and you’re looking for an opportunity to take a lead role in a growing and diverse cybersecurity consulting portfolio. While you are proficient in the technical aspects of cybersecurity – like technologies, processes, and standards – you really shine when applying that knowledge to a public policy or business strategy challenge. You can speak intelligently about the various aspects of the digital economy (such as education, workforce, and intellectual property) – as well as the role cybersecurity plays in an increasingly complex international security landscape. You’re up to speed on the latest cyber policy developments, analyses, and case studies to inform client engagements and promulgate best practices across sectors and geographies. Your experience with the multiple facets of this domain will enable you to formulate cyber strategies for cities, states, regions, and companies.
You’re a proven analyst and consultant, so you have the skills (and interest) to lead and support other strategy or security-related research, analysis, and consulting projects outside of the cyber domain. You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree relating to cybersecurity, public policy, economic development, information technology, international affairs or development, business administration, or a similar area of study. You enjoy working on a variety of projects, including some that stretch your comfort level. You're prepared to work from our DC-area office and travel occasionally to meet with clients and stakeholders. Also, you’re down with our values.
What’s so great about this job?
The professional satisfaction of working both behind the scenes and in client-facing roles at a dynamic company on a highly diverse set of projects serving clients in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. The personal satisfaction of continuing to develop your management consulting skill set – without the stereotypical 55-hour work week. The opportunity to directly apply your cybersecurity strategy and policy expertise while growing your talents in related fields like economic development and strategic planning. The rewarding experience of being part of a team that consistently punches above its weight. The chance to go bungee jump-spearfishing in Antarctica with Dr. Simon Everett III, Esq.
You’ll be directly responsible for:
- Guiding and directly supporting the research, analysis, and presentation (written and oral) of findings relevant to cybersecurity strategy and policy issues
- Developing recommendations for cybersecurity strategy and policy framework development, considering issues such as governance, education, economic impact, workforce development, and privacy
- Coordinating with cybersecurity stakeholders from multiple organizations, jurisdictions, and initiatives to identify best practices and align efforts and resources
- Maintaining and strengthening the company’s professional network relating to cybersecurity through participation in industry events, speaking opportunities, and self-guided outreach
- Leading and supporting internal and client-facing meetings, workshops, and presentations
- Developing project approaches and assisting with project management
- Review and editing of written materials
You’ll make contributions to:
- Development and production of white papers, proposals, and presentations in support of business development activities
- Research and analysis to inform internal capability development initiatives
- Social media content development to promote thought leadership and elevate the firm’s profile
In order to successfully perform core tasks, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- 5-10 years of experience in research & analysis and/or consulting, with applied expertise in cybersecurity as relates to public policy or business strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly requiring minimal editing and oversight for written materials
- Strong consulting skills, to include an aptitude for identifying key challenges, developing tailored approaches, and creatively applying resources and expertise
- Engaging professional demeanor to cultivate working relationships, enable effective outreach and coordination, and represent the firm in your field
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Apple Productivity Apps and the willingness to become fluent in these applications
- Intellectual agility; an interest in (and ability to multitask across) project management and delivery activities, outreach and coordination, and business development support -- all in multiple topic areas
- A bachelor’s or master's degree relevant to cybersecurity, public policy, economic development, information technology, international affairs or development, business administration, or a similar area of study
How to inquire
Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com and include the position title in your subject line. We will be accepting applications until Friday, 10 November 2017. The successful applicant must be prepared to start as early as late November 2017.
About Simon Everett
Simon Everett is an analytic design firm. We provide highly customized research & analysis and strategic planning services to help government, private sector, and non-profit clients answer key questions, inform critical decisions, and develop actionable plans. Simon Everett is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment or consulting opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.